MONIFIETH TRIATHLON CLUB
Minutes of the AGM
Tuesday 7th November 2017 Red House, Broughty Ferry
1. Welcome, apologies and introduction
David Stewart welcomed those attending the meeting. A signing-in sheet was completed – the following
members were present :-
David Stewart Christine Bird Debbie Feeney
Barbara Sweeney Mark Hopkins Eric Blyth
Michelle Mackay Kathy Robertson Lynne Smith
Lewis Bruce Kenneth Ramsay Steve Robbie
Adam Wilson Jackie Cavanagh Stewart Maxwell
Emma Donaldson Barbara Brown Miriam Rennet
Ursula Ryder Alan Rose Kathryn Ho
John Tonner John Smith Mark McIntosh
Adam Wilson Stephen Mudie Louise Wilkie
Apologies were received in advance from Dougal Adamson, Jenni Stewart, Pauline Fairbairn, Rory
Fairbairn, Louise Marshall, Gillian Sangster, Peter McEleavy, Andrew Forrester, Robert Harrison, Zoe
Simpson, Barbara Carr
2. Minutes of AGM 2016
These were taken as correct and were passed.
No matters were raised from these minutes.
3. Treasurer’s Report
Eric Blyth produced a Finance Report.
The main points noted
● overall finances in healthy position with balance of ~£12,000
● Little change in income from membership fees despite subs reduced to half. (member numbers
almost doubled from last year)
● Good income from Race Night at DL and the Monikie triathlon
● Aberfeldy training weekend – tho not for profit small profit made. To be run again 2018 at same
● “Other” includes web domain, prizes, flags, handicap prizes.
Miriam Rennet questioned increase in the Ambulance Service costs at the Monikie triathlon. TriScotland
states the first-aid service must be one that provides an ambulance and all prove expensive. The man
running the one used last year has since retired.
Park charges also increased from 50p to £2 per person.
4. President’s Report
David Stewart, President, thanked Broughty Ferry Club for use of the facilities, and gave his report.
Dave explained how the committee had listened to what had been requested from the members at the
last AGM and during the year and worked on achieving them.
● Kit review – Alan Rose has looked into new kit and set up a new supplier with Verge. First order
has been placed. Kit still be available from ChampionSystems.
● Training weekend – Eric Blyth ran a very successful training weekend at the Moness resort in
Aberfeldy in April. Names being taken for April 2018.
● Reduce club subs – down from £40 to £20 (concession £20 to £10)
● Increased pool time – an extra hour was put on
The club had achieved many things over the year including:
● Holding another successful Triathlon Scotland Sprint Championship at Monikie
● Take-over of Parkrun – promoting club
● Sell-out novice triathlon at David Lloyd
● 2 fun mini handicap duathlons
● Coached run sessions throughout year
● Beginner friendly bike rides
● Longer Sunday rides
● Race Night at David Lloyd
● 2 new coaches
● Foam rolling session
● Spin session back on at David Lloyd
These were all achieved thanks to work from committee and coaches, also Kathy and Steve for their
Highlights for the club included the number of club members competing in every discipline, at every level,
home and abroad, with many members competing for GB in Agegroup Championships.
The club has been short-listed for Triathlon Scotland’s Best Club of the Year – results to be announced at
the TriScotland’s AGM later in the month.
The club’s awards are to be presented at the inaugural Club Dinner at the RTYC on 17th November.
Dave thanked Kenny Ramsay, who was standing down as head coach, for all his hard work over the
years. John Smith was elected as new Head Coach.
5. Election of Committee
Barbara Sweeney was standing down from position of secretary and Christine Bird was standing down
from the committee. A new committee was voted in.
President David Stewart
Treasurer Eric Blyth
Secretary Steve Robbie (-nominated Kenny Ramsay, seconded Lewis Bruce-elected)
Welfare Officer Kathy Robertson
Head Coach John Smith
Website Master Lewis Bruce
Kit Co-ordinator Alan Rose
Committee Officer Barbara Sweeney
Committee Officer Mark Hopkins
Committee Officer Ursula Ryder (-nominated Michelle Mackay, seconded Kathy Robertson-elected)
Committee Officer John Tonner (-nominated by John Smith, seconded Kenny Ramsay-elected).
Committee Officer Jackie Cavanagh (-nominated by Miriam Rennet, seconded David Stewart-elected)
5. Setting of fees
It was proposed by the committee, to keep the membership fees the same as last year. A vote to make a
family fee was rejected. Fees thus set:
● Adult member £20
● Junior/OAP £10
6. Monikie Triathlon
The event, held in July, again as Scottish Championship, was a big success.
A new Race Director is required.(Although Mark is willing to lead if no one else steps up). A new race
committee is to be set up at the first committee meeting of the new committee.
Mark hopes to increase the events to include a tristars event – car parking being the main issue.
7. Any Other Business
Youth element of club was raised. Forming a youth sub-committee suggested.
Jamie Robinson interested in working with Active Schools.
Take-over of Junior Parkrun in New Year proposed to promote and gage interest.
Junior Triathlon at David Lloyd suggested.
Spin started at DL on Saturday 4th Nov 8:45am with the spin doctor. (David Stewart). However,
temporary manager burst in at end and told club was no longer allowing sessions (despite being paid for
until the spring). Since resolved but with an earlier start time of 8am.
Suggestions were discussed on best use of money in bank:
● Subsidized kit
● Mark McIntosh suggesting renting premises as a base. Committee to look into.
● Stuart Maxwell suggested exploring warm water training camp. Aberfeldy thought preferred option
● Club to have specialists in to give talks. Eg nutritionists, bike specialists. Eg Nicholsons do a bike
● Discounts at shops/membership cards
● New video camera – best way to store/use video footage
● Video swimming – get a second session up and running again so filming can be done. May prove
costly – Alistair Lauchlan (ex-member) has endless pool which could be a possibility.
All options to be explored and discussed further at committee meetings.
The AGM was adjourned.
Please find attached PDF of the M3 AGM